Monday 4 July 2011

The Tender Hearts at the Retreat Hotel Sunday 3rd July 2011

I had a weird feeling on the way to the gig......there's been a bit of confusion about what time we were on....whether we were to play in the bar or in the lounge....all I could think to myself was "we'd better be playing", I have to be honest it's a habit for me, if a gig is waved under my nose the itch has to be scratched....once I've loaded my gear into the car there's no turning back, that was my only concern.

We got to the pub and set up, Swamplands were playing in the bar, we were to play in the lounge for a 7pm start.

Jody arrived , she was still jet-lagged after getting back to town from the UK 48 hours before, " It got to 4 O'Clock this arvo and I just went bleugh!"...she looked asleep.

We set up, so did Julian the house mixer...we kicked off, the crowd was light and we were playing so fast I felt like it was one of those dreams where you can't run....

Second song we got it together, we sounded pretty good on stage, the foldback was loud but that was good....

By the end of the set we'd put away a few beauties, pity there was practically no-one there to hear it....

During the break Julian sat down and said "um, there's been a bit of a mix-up"...it turns out that there was another band booked for a set after us and that we were supposed to play one hour long set....we had a quick pow-wow ans decided to play another short set so Seamus and Fergus could start by 9.

 The second set was tight, I goosed a few chords, alzheimers we'll put that down to. All up the set was good, the crowd was bad....But, those who were there seemed to think we put on a pretty good show...it's a great little band and I love playing with them, pity hardly anyone saw it.

Next gig 26th August at the Lomond, 36hrs after I get back from the US, lets see how MY jet-lag is....

No comments:

Post a Comment